Saturday, May 09, 2015

Altered Book Canvas by Denise van Deventer

Hello Everyone

It's Denise here today with a book canvas, which I made for my Mother for Mothers Day tomorrow.

This is obviously also tied in with Kay's gorgeous mood board this month.

~ May challenge Mood Board ~


So here's the book canvas that I made.


I took an old book, folded it open and then stuck it down onto the canvas.
Then I took lots and lots of gesso and applied this in and around the book, also along the pages and down the middle spine to keep the book open and in place.

Once this had all dried, then I used my wood grain stamps and inks and paints to colour the canvas and book, to give it that old world feel.


I used the very pretty Graphic 45 Place in Time papers.
The circle chipboard pieces and the little Scarab beetle are from UmWow Studio.

I crackled the circle chipboards and then heavily weathered them with sandpaper. 
The little Scarab was painted and highlighted with acrylic paints.


The resin heart is from Prima and was coloured with Distress Paint.


I used lots of pretty Petaloo flowers and die-cut leaves.  Underneath you might just be able to see the Celebr8 chipboard leaves that were also painted and highlighted with acrylic paints.

Along with the book canvas I made a little card to go with it.  I can actually tuck it between the pages of the book.


This project was really one of the most enjoyable projects I have done for ages and so easily came together.  I really hope my Mother likes it.

My Mother is quite a bit older than I am and I have not really had a very close relationship with her.  But I do love her very much and I appreciate all the little things that she does for me and my family! 

Now it's your turn....

You still can play along with our Mood Board this month...

Our sponsors provided prizes with international shipping included! Yay!!

1st Prize:
25 USD Gift Certificate from UmWowStudio



Random Prize:
Set of products from 7 Dots Studio




Sponsors:





UmWowStudio is a US based manufacturer of chipboard, stencils/masks, and flair for the general artsy community. Our products make great additions to cards and scrapbooking as well as mixed media pieces, altered art, tags, canvases, art journaling and more. Our chipboard is extra heavy duty to stand up to any mediums you can manage to throw at it. Our stencils and masks come in a super thick durable plastic to give your pieces extra dimension, and our flair is flat backed for easy use.

Connect with us! Visit us on FACEBOOK, view our BLOG, we're on INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST and our shop can be found at UmWowStudio.com

Website: http://umwowstudio.com/
Blog: http://umwowstudio.blogspot.com/


We are a team of creative women who cannot image their world without paper, glue and the creative process. Scrapbooking is our passion and we love to share our passion with other scrapbookers. For this reason, 7 Dots Studio exists. The quality of our products is our top priority. Our lines consist of papers, stickers, die-cut elements, clear stamps, stencils and chipboard pieces. You can find our products in scrapbooking stores around the world.





Thank you and we hope to see your beautiful creations!

We appreciate each and every challenge entry and share the designs that catch our eye on our facebook pageand Pinterest Boards. Look for your work there!

3 comments:

Thanks so much for your comments! We really appreciate you stopping by.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...